It's a Woman's World
In the It's a Woman's World program, Eleanor Roosevelt commented on women in American society and discussed life in the White House. The show aired on CBS in the primetime slot of 8:00 to 8:15 pm on Thursdays. It ran from 15 February and 19 April 1935. As we have been unable to find audio recordings of this material, the ER Papers Project has transcribed them from scripts.
- Episode 1: February 15, 1935. ER discusses her typical day in the White House.
- Episode 2: February 22, 1935. ER talks about the changing position of women in America.
- Episode 3: March 1, 1935. ER asks, "Is the woman's place in the home?"
- Episode 4: March 8, 1935. ER discusses successful women she has known.
- Episode 5: March 15, 1935. ER describes daily life at the White House.
- Episode 6: March 22, 1935. ER describes press conferences.
- Episode 7: March 29, 1935. ER delves into the history of the White House, and how it is run.
- Episode 8: April 5, 1935. ER discusses the life of the wife of a public official.
- Episode 9: April 12, 1935. ER describes official entertaining in the White House.
- Episode 10: April 19, 1935. ER describes White House activities.